If you are an environmental health professional, and working in California, then the California Environmental Health Association (CEHA) is the perfect association for You! If you are a student, a professional REHS, a sales person, an account representative, consultant, or a lay person interested in the environment and public health - then we would be really glad to have you as a member.
Anyone can belong, but those who will most benefit from CEHA membership, are those in the environmental health profession. In just a few minutes, you can become a member, too. There are different memberships, once you join or renew, a confirmation email will be sent with your own personalized eMembership Card (Pictured below).
The first decision a new member must make is what type of membership is best for them. CEHA has several types of membership - one for each stage of a members career. Members can change their type of membership during their life or career. Types of membership are Student, Professional, Retired, and even one for Educational Institutions and Corporate.
- Professional: For the Environmental Professional. Network with peers up and down the state of California. Receive discounts on Chapter events and the Annual Education Symposium. Members will have full access to the site and will receive the CEHA Bulletin, Job Opening Notifications and much much more! Members will be connected to their local Chapter President.
- Student: This membership is great for students attending school and are interested in the field of Environmental Health. Students are able to network with current professionals, receive discounted registration rates for events, Job Posting notifications, the CEHA Bulletin and the opportunity to participate in the AES Student forums. All Student members must of CEHA are offered an additional year of membership at the Student Rate following graduation. Students must show proof that they are enrolled.
- Retired: Retired membership may be conferred upon any Active member of five (5) or more years standing, who is retiring from active Environmental Health work after at least twenty (20) years of service.
- Educational Institutions: Educational Instutional membership will be offered to representatives of accredited educational institutions throughout the state of California that have an environmental health program, industrial hygiene program, public health program or related curriculum programs.
- Corporate: Contact Membership for details and benefits to the Corporate Membership.
Current members, you will or have received an email to join the CEHA group. Once you join and input your information, you will be approved to join by the Membership/Website Committee. Update your infomration and that's it! You will still receive a notification that your membership will expire and then be re-directed to the subscription page to renew.
NEW & EXPIRED MEMBERS
Expired members, you will be able to join the group on the website. You will then be prompted to pay your renewal fees through Pay Pal and the subscription page. Then you will be approved and off you go! New Members, simply go to "Membership Payment" to pay for your membership.
Just pass the REHS exam??? You will receive a letter in the mail with an application to join. You will receive a 1 year introductory membership! Didn't get the letter? Scroll to the bottom to download the membership application and email it to Membership@CEHA.org.
ALL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
Legislative & Regulatory Representation
CEHA works in conjunction with the California Conference of Directors of Environmental Health (CCDEH) and other allied industry associations to identify and actively advocate on key legislative issues that impact the environmental health profession.
CEHA informs its members of new and emerging regulatory issues that may affect the way the environmental health profession operates. This may be in the form of written articles, workshops and seminars or local chapter meetings.
Professional & Educational Development
CEHA conducts the Annual Educational Symposium (AES) each spring — a three day conference that offers a number of sessions following select tracks that represent the formal disciplines of the environmental health profession including food safety, liquid and solid waste, housing and plan check, hazardous materials, vector control, diseases, noise, recreational facilities and management issues.
CEHA coordinates the traveling seminar series each year that brings informative workshops and seminars to your region. Topics will vary according to the needs and demand of the environmental health profession.
CEHA provides career opportunities for environmental health professionals by posting job announcements on the CEHA web site.
CEHA members meet locally at chapter gatherings and regional conferences to take advantage of networking opportunities among colleagues in the area.
CEHA publishes the California Journal of Environmental Health, semi annually that serves as the official communication product for CEHA members. This informative publication will update you on activities of CEHA at both the state and local level, brief you on the latest legislative and regulatory issues, include standing columns from the Department of Health Services and environmental health leadership, and provide timely articles that will enhance your knowledge of the environmental health field.
CEHA maintains a membership web site located at www.ceha.org, updated on a regular basis to provide you with the latest information on all CEHA activities. CEHA is committed to keeping uptodate with the technical advancements in online services and continuously seeks ways to make this site user friendly and informative.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CEHA is a non-profit association committed to providing for the professional growth and development of the environmental health professional. We are primarily an organization of volunteers dedicated to the environmental health profession, which includes the protection of public health and the environment.